Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Annual August Alzheimer's Afternoon will take place on 24th August at All Saints Church, starting with the Forget-Me- Not service at 2.30pm to remember and support families with dementia. The service will be led by Rev. Rachel Sturt & Debbie Thrower, our Anna Chaplains for Older People' From 3.15pm approx. in the Church Hall for a...
All the Young Ventures groups have now completed their expeditions and were fortunate to have good weather for them. It was perhaps too good for the group of 12 year olds that went out on 30th June in temperatures not far off 30C! For the two Yr.7 groups these were their first unaccompanied expeditions meeting supervisors at several points along the way. They've all survived (well done!)...
The BB boys braved the sweltering heat on Saturday 7th July to entertain the public at the fête and to help make people aware of the Brigade. Well done boys — and...
Holy Rood Church, Holybourne