Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Dear Friends,This Sunday we are invited to share in a Circuit Service led by Rev Chris Blake, our Superintendent Minister. This is a special occasion in the sense that we are commissioning four of our trainee Local Preachers from around the circuit as now fully accredited.The Methodist Church is indebted to the work and commitment of its Local Preachers who ever since the early days of John...
We welcome you to our Hants Surrey Border Methodist Circuit Service where we celebrate to commissioning of Anna, Julie, Phil and Catherine as fully accredited Local Preachers.The service is led by our superintendent minister Rev. Chris...
Welcome to Pause for Thought — a weekly reflection, this week led by Rev Michael Hopkins of 'The Spire Church' Farnham (Methodist/URC.We continue our series on 'The 'I AM's of Jesus — This week 'I am the bread of...