Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In September we were pleased to welcome Philip. It was good that he could meet some of our members for the first time. He gave us a fascinating talk about how music first came to be part of our worship in church and we listened to music that took us from Gregorian charts, Isaac Watts and Charles Wesley through to a modern hymn by Stuart Townend. Becky Shaylor then joined us and demonstrated the...
This event takes place at the Church of the Good Shepherd, Four Marks, FRIDAY 8th December, at 8:00pm (Doors open at 7.30pm with drinks and cakes). Free Entry.An evening of praise & worship, with a rock edge. Please join us in worship of our amazing God. W? is organised by a team of people with a passion for worshipping God. It is an ecumenical event aimed at anyone who enjoys praising God...
Alton All Saints Hard of Hearing Group invite friends to join us for T @ 3, a light afternoon tea, on the third Sunday afternoon of each month, from 3pm, in All Saints church hall.The next one is on Sunday 18th NovemberDo come and join us for home-made cakes and a...