Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Alton All Saints Hard of Hearing Group invite friends to join us for T @ 3, a light afternoon tea, on the third Sunday afternoon of each month, from 3pm, in All Saints church hall.The next one is on Sunday 18th NovemberDo come and join us for home-made cakes and a...
Tuesday 6th November — Lip Reading with Maggie Short, Lip Reading Tutor, 2.30pmTuesday 20th November — Drop-In and catch up with friends and the activities of Knitters Anonymous over a cup of tea, 2pm in church hallFurther advice and support on hearing related matters may be obtained from deafPlus, 35 — 39 High Street, Aldershot GU11 1BH 01252 316005 ...
The Annual Harvest Festival Service, led by Rev Rachel Sturt, Anna Chaplain, for the Alton All Saints Hard of Hearing group, once again attracted a good congregation. With the generously donated food displayed amidst the autumn berries and hops the traditional harvest hymns were sung with great enthusiasm. The chosen readings were read by Jean, Liz and Julia, with Rev Rachel encouraging...
Jolly Farmer, Blacknest