Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
"The Journey of Life" was the title of this year's annual Silver Service held at the Alton Methodist Church. Organised by the Alton Anna Chaplains — Debbie Thrower and Rachel Sturt — the service is held to value and encourage older people in the community. Debbie introduced the service by reminding everyone that the Anna Chaplaincy started in Alton in 2010. Both Debbie and Rachel...
Congratulations to the 12 walkers who braved the weather and set off from Rowledge Methodist Church to walk the 10.6 miles to Alton on the last stage of the Circuit Prayer Pilgrimage. In the 9 days between Ascension and Pentecost Rev Chris Blake visited all the churches in the Circuit and was thrilled that 92 people joined him on at least one of the walks. Many others generously provided...
It was a glorious day for the Year 8 Young Venturers' expedition — clear skies and the temperature climbing to 26 degrees!The three girls and four boys set off from Holybourne, and almost immediately discovered how easy it is to get mislaid even when close to home! However, they soon passed Wyck and continued, although not without further excitements, to Binsted, where they enjoyed an early...