Alton Webteam: April 2016
Planning is well advanced for our spring fundraising event:-
- John Cresswell (01420 544034) will be running the plant stall (a major feature of this event) and would welcome contributions of home-grown plants.
- The Girls' Brigade staff and girls will be providing the refreshments.
- Helen and Eric Smith (01420 544161) have valiantly agreed to run the book stall again, so do look out those thrillers you bought last year and won't read again and we'll happily recycle them! If you would like Helen & Eric to collect books from you, please contact them well in advance as they will not be available in the week leading up to the fair.
- Judith Janes (01420 87010) has kindly agreed to run the Fancy Goods stall. Donations of items would be very welcome. Do you have any presents which you have put aside but are just what someone else would like?
- Kate Wilson (01420 83821) and Sonia Williams will be running the cake stall and would welcome contributions of home-baking.
- Sheila Wooding will have a stall of her craft to sell in aid of the women's sewing project in Cameroon.
The various rooms at church are in use most days, so please don't bring goods until shortly before the sale. If you would like goods collected, please contact the stall-holder or me. Cakes may be left (well wrapped) in the main kitchen from Thursday 5th May. Please label clearly 'for May Market', since the BB Annual Display will be taking place in the church on Friday 6th May!
Goods may be brought down after the BB Display (why not attend the display first and then bring your stuff in from the car park afterwards) or from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Nancy Buck (85994)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The GAP Open the Book team recently visited Andrews Endowed School to present the story of 'Stilling the Storm'...all was calm in the photo as Jesus had just said 'Be still'. The 'storm' was provided by the children, who were violently shaking the blue cloth ' sea' and making very loud 'howling gale' noises. The team has recently also been able to present...
Dear Friends,I will never forget the day when, as chaplain in the hospital, a young couple came into the chapel. I naturally asked how they were and if I could be of help in any way. They told the story of when they had sat alone in the hospital chapel and tried to ask God for help. They had returned simply to say thank you to God for the support they had received. 'We don't know how to...
The Boys Brigade continues to have an exciting programme.Please read the attached...