Alton Webteam: April 2018
The church AGM is to be held on Sunday 29th April at 4pm.
We will celebrate the life of the church and share in discussion together concluding with a short act of worship and a bring and share tea. The discussion will focus on our worship pattern, discipleship and outreach.
It is at this meeting that we annually elect our church stewards and also congregational reps to the Church Council. Please feel free to ask, nominate and propose a church member who would like to participate in this way.
If you wish to raise an item for discussion please let Philip know by 18th April.
Everyone is welcome.
The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Welcome and opening devotions
2. Attendance and apologies
3. Remembering those who have died
4. Letters of greeting, sympathy etc.
5. Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising (2 April 2017)
6. Election of church stewards
Nominated for annual re-election/election: Di Wright, Lin Fitch, Helen Wallace, Debby Bridger, Terri White
7. Election of representatives to Church Council
Our existing reps are: Norma Barton, Nancy Buck, Irene Jopling, David Mason, Janet Meager, Peter Wallace.
People can be re-elected for another term if they so wish to ensure we have a strong church council.
8. Celebrating the Life of the Church
9. Conversation on the life of our church
a) Worship — A discussion on our morning worship pattern
b) Discipleship — House-group/series
c) Outreach Ideas & plans
d) Any other notified items for discussion (By April 18th)
10. Financial Matters, Charitable Giving and Gift day
11. Safeguarding and Data Protection Act Update
12. Date of Next AGM
12. Closing Worship
13. Faith Tea — Please bring and share!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Our worship this week is led by Liz George with thanks to Jill Whittingham and Di Wright for recording the...
Parents and ToddlersLiz & Angela would be pleased to welcome you at Stay & Play in the church on Wednesdays drop in between 10 -...
Online worship this week is led for the Hants/Surrey Borders Circuit by our Superintendent minister Rev Nick...