Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
It was great to welcome lots of children, parents and grandparents to the first Messy Church of 2020 on Jan. 4th.After table games as people arrived we played two group games which burnt off plenty of energy. We then acted out the story of Mary & Joseph taking Jesus as a baby to the Temple to give thanks for his life. Old Simeon and Anna were so excited to see him! We then imagined what it was...
Messy Church Style Christingle ServiceOn Christmas Eve at 4pm the church began to fill with children, parents and grandparents as we began our Christingle Service.After singing some carols, lighting the advent candles and hearing the Christmas story we all moved to gather around tables to make our own Christingle using an orange, sweets, raisins, ribbons and candles. In no time...
The CAMEO Christmas Tea Afternoon began with a quiz, requiring members to work together to answer a range of general knowledge questions. After all that brain activity they were able to relax and enjoy some musical entertainment. Terri White very kindly brought along three of her pupils who played for us — the first public performance for all three of them! We sang along to some familiar carols...