Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Where there is a celebration there is usually cake! As I write this I am wondering what to do about the Church Anniversary Coffee Morning cake competition this Saturday 13th July. Googling "celebration cakes" is a little demoralising and, given my limited patience and icing skills, definitely elicits the response "not in a million years!"I thought may be the children's...
"The Journey of Life" was the title of this year's annual Silver Service held at the Alton Methodist Church. Organised by the Alton Anna Chaplains — Debbie Thrower and Rachel Sturt — the service is held to value and encourage older people in the community. Debbie introduced the service by reminding everyone that the Anna Chaplaincy started in Alton in 2010. Both Debbie and Rachel...
Congratulations to the 12 walkers who braved the weather and set off from Rowledge Methodist Church to walk the 10.6 miles to Alton on the last stage of the Circuit Prayer Pilgrimage. In the 9 days between Ascension and Pentecost Rev Chris Blake visited all the churches in the Circuit and was thrilled that 92 people joined him on at least one of the walks. Many others generously provided...