Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Sunday Worship 11th April is led by Rev Rachel Sturt.Rachel works with the Greater Alton Project as our Anna Chaplain and is also part of the ministry team at the Parish of the Resurrection in Alton.Thanks to Jacob George and Christine Allan for the readings this...
Dear Friends,Easter is a beautiful time of year where we continue to see evidence of new life all around us with sheep and lambs appearing in the sheds and fields. (Picture thanks to Audrey!) We also have flower's filling both the hedgerow and garden with primroses, daffodils, pansies, forsythia, and the blossom of cherry trees bringing colour and life after the deadness of...
Happy Easter!We welcome you to this Easter Day service led by Rev Philip Simpkins with contributions from Rosie Meers, Clare Allen and Helen Hobbs from Aldershot — a church that Philip is looking after at present in addition to Rowledge, Hale and...