Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Thank you to those who participated in the recent consultation regarding Morning Service times and for the helpful comments and suggestions that were received. The Church Council considered the responses, in which 95% of the 78 returns were in favour of having one service, and has agreed to the following change:We will unite as one congregation and meet together each week at 10am for our...
Dear Friends,When Angela and I got married well over 20 years ago, my father in law was delighted to lay on an old Model T Ford Car to take us from Paignton Baptist Church to the reception at a hotel right on the sea front. It was a wonderful surprise and a glorious day for an open top ride.I was reading this week that Henry Ford, the maker of such cars was very proud of his creation and...
Come along in your Easter Bonnet and join the Easter Parade Sponsored Walk in aid of Anna Chaplaincy Fund. Easter Monday 22nd April The Alton Public Gardens 11am. Sponsor forms can be picked up from any of the GAP churches. Everyone...