Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Dear Friends,This Sunday we are invited to share in a Circuit Service led by Rev Chris Blake, our Superintendent Minister. This is a special occasion in the sense that we are commissioning four of our trainee Local Preachers from around the circuit as now fully accredited.The Methodist Church is indebted to the work and commitment of its Local Preachers who ever since the early days of John...
We welcome you to our Hants Surrey Border Methodist Circuit Service where we celebrate to commissioning of Anna, Julie, Phil and Catherine as fully accredited Local Preachers.The service is led by our superintendent minister Rev. Chris...
Welcome to Pause for Thought — a weekly reflection, this week led by Rev Michael Hopkins of 'The Spire Church' Farnham (Methodist/URC.We continue our series on 'The 'I AM's of Jesus — This week 'I am the bread of...