Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Our Duke of Edinburgh's Award Bronze participants had been waiting over a year for this! Their two-day expedition across the north Hampshire countryside was about to begin.On one of the hottest days of the year so far, with the thermometer starting to rise towards thirty degrees, the intrepid group of six set off from Four Marks. Their objective — to visit five churches on a two-day...
Worship today is led by Liz George with thanks to Julie Clark from Fleet Methodist Church for narrating the Parable of the...
Dear Friends,What a scorcher!We have been blessed this last week with some very hot and sunny weather — I hope you have been able to find somewhere to keep cool!The summer weather proved to be perfect for our Circuit farewell service for the Rev Chris Blake on Monday evening — despite the weather map showing the potential for thunderstorms, just to keep us on our toes!We are so grateful...