Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This weeks service is led by Rev Philip Simpkins.Clare Allen and Gill Marsden read the bible lessons along with Angela...
Here is the May 2022 newsletter with all the latest news and details of forthcoming...
Nearly 200 people, drawn from the Parish of the Resurrection, Alton Methodist Church and family & friends, filled St Lawrence Church on Sunday 24th April for a united celebration service that included the commissioning of Kate Powell as Alton's fourth Anna Chaplain. The service was led by Right Reverend David Williams (Bishop of Basingstoke) and Rev Andrew Micklefield.Bishop David said...
Sanctuary & Foyer