Alton Webteam: February 2017
Prayer cards used to be left on the pews for worshippers to use before the service. The one below was found by Audrey Stubbs — maybe you'll find it useful.
ALTON METHODIST CHURCH
AS YOU WAIT FOR THE SERVICE TO BEGIN PLEASE PRAY FOR
1. THOSE WHO WILL LEAD US IN WORSHIP — preacher, organist, Choir, Stewards, Lay participants.
2. THOSE WHO ARE JOINING IN OUR WORSHIP — our 'regulars' and visitors.
3. THOSE WHO COULD NOT COME — the old: those who are ill: our young and people away from home: those at work.
4. THOSE WHO WOULD NOT COME — especially those known to you and close to you.
5. YOURSELF, THAT YOU MAY — give to the service, as well as receive from it: listen to God, as well as speak to Him: give your whole self to
the worship: bless others after having yourself been blessed.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight, o Lord, my rock, and my redeemer."
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Welcome!Thank you for joining in our worship service — led by Rev Philip...
Dear Friends,A boat crashed into rocks and began to sink. 'Does anybody know how to pray? Shouted the skipper.'Yes, I do, said a keen Christian, leaping to his feet.'Good' said the skipper. 'You pray. the rest of us will put on life jackets. We're one short!' Charles Spurgeon (19th Century Baptist Preacher) was once asked, 'When should I pray? Should I pray...
An opportunity to spend a few moments with God as we share in prayers, readings and a...